Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pooches Who Know Their Own Minds

There are several cemetery denizens of the human variety that dispute my contention that HIM (His Imperial Majesty, a.k.a. my dog Nekoe) is the most stubborn creature in the world.

Actually, many of us are often reduced to the level of fish wives as we scream invectives at our canine companions blissfully engaged in some behavior that is quite reasonable from a four-legged perspective. At least in the case of HIM, I can pick him up to make my point.

Here, Willie is engaged in scenting herself with some delicious odor that she really believes should grace the counters at Nordstrom’s.
As her "owner" looks on in horror, Willie gets the scent right where she wants it.
Look at the grin below as she rolls. What could be better?
"Ah, that was a lot of work, but now I can go home and spread the scent all over my house," she thinks contently.
By the way, size does matter. Willie's owner would be hard pressed to pick her up, since she is as big as a small Bernese mountain.
Stubbornness is often inversely proportional to size. The infamous BT, pictured above, in his "owner's" opinion gives HIM a run for his money. To begin with, BT is the most famous blind escape artist on Capitol Hill, having escaped from his yard and sightlessly navitaged the surrounding major thoroughfares. I am convinced he has build in radar.

1 comment:

  1. My dog Kells relished rolling in the cemetery. She passed several years go, but I can still recall the look of utter bliss on her face when she had found the perfect balance of "aroma" and happy rolling.

    Check out "my" (not really) new blog, Homeonthehill. I'd love to include you in list of folks I'm convening to talk about hyperlocal blogging on the hill. You blog is great and your observations are delightful.

    ReplyDelete